Select a season (other time scales)
This option allows you to restrict the computations to a specific
season. Many effects vary greatly with the seasonal cycle, and it is
rarely a good idea to combine all seasons.
In the Climate Explorer, the season is defined by a starting month
and the length of the season. The starting month is
- all: separate months, this gives 12 results (not always present), or
- a single calendar month (each January, February, ...), or
- together: all months together, giving a single result.
The length of the season is defined by selecting the number of months
in the season (1 to 12). If you want to subtract the seasonal cycle
to first order, check the box anomalies
Note that if you have also requested averaging the data, the season
refers to the beginning of the averaging period.
A few examples
- To compute a property of all December periods, set the
starting month to [December] and select  month.
- To compute a property of all winter periods in the Netherlands, set the
starting month to [December] and select  months. This will select
all periods in December, January or February.