Select a season (seasonal data)
This option allows you to restrict the correlations to a specific
season. Many effects vary greatly with the seasonal cycle, and it is
rarely a good idea to combine all seasons.
In the Climate Explorer, the extended season is defined by a starting 3-month season and the duration of the extended season. The starting season is
- all seasons togther, this gives one result, or
- a single 3-month season (each Dec-Feb, Mar-May, ...), or
- all seasons separately, this gives 4 results.
Some of these options are not supported in specific contexts.
The length of the extended season can be interpreted in two different ways:
- an average over the 3-month seasons of the seaosn, or
- all 3-month seasons of the extended season considered separately
If there are two datasets the lengths of the seasons can be chosen
separately. Again, not all combinations make sense.